Resumption of Services and Registration
What to expect
At Daybreak Community Church, we believe strongly in the irreplaceable importance of meeting together as a community of believers. Sharing space and sharing a common experience as worshipers is part of the faithful Christian life. However, we also are mindful of the need to be good neighbors, and in this season that has meant creating other opportunities for communal worship.
We believe it is time to begin holding services in our church building again. We are aware that not everyone is ready to participate in worship services this way, and we certainly respect those decisions at this time! We will continue to live-stream our services on Facebook Live, and we certainly hope you will continue to join us there.
For those that do choose to join us, we’d like to share the following guidelines and plans for what you can expect:
Respectful behavior in one-another:
- Respect the personal decisions that others are making. Whether you choose to attend services in person or continue to attend online, we are all moving towards the Lord together. This is a decision that individuals and families make, and as a community we will respect and honor your decisions. As such, we will not talk about who is or who isn’t attending in person services!
- Respect for personal space. If you do come, please respect current physical distancing guidelines. Maintain conversations from at least 6 ft away, keep hugs, handshakes, high-fives for within your own home for now.
- No food or beverages. will be serviced at our church services until further notice. Please plan accordingly and bring your own coffee, tea, water, etc.
- We request that children either stay with their families, or that they stay in the provided Child Care services (ages 2-5). The nursery will be available for parents to use, but no staff will be present to care for infants (ages 0-2).
- We request everyone 5 years old and older wear a mask while you are in the building. The physical discomfort caused by masks is surpassed by the peace-of-mind masks provide to the community. And so we respectfully request that you bring a mask and plan on wearing it.
A safe facility in which to worship and learn:
- We are making every effort to maintain a clean and safe environment for worship. Touch surfaces (doors, tables, light switches, etc) will be cleaned regularly and thoroughly. Bathrooms will be cleaned after each service.
- Children’s Rooms and Nursery will receive special cleaning every week.
- Where possible, doors will be propped open to minimize shared contact.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations, and we encourage each individual to make use of it regularly. We will also require the use of hand sanitizer upon entry to the building.
- The sanctuary will be set up to facilitate corporate worship, while maintaining safe distancing.
- Ushers will be present to greet you, and to help guide you to your seats.
- In order to comply with the recommendations of the State of Vermont, we are limiting the number of people we are welcoming into our services If you wish to attend, we ask that you please register and reserve your space in the service. Spaces are limited, and are given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration must be done every week. If you have any questions about how to register, or if you are having trouble registering, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.